1. Typing all day isn't so bad when your nails are painted like Burberry plaid (my roommate is an artist and we got bored, ok? It happens sometimes. Especially on Sundays when I just can't handle anymore finance)
2. I never knew you could do so much with Excel. I think that software is smarter than I am.
3. I really don't want to do my accounting spreadsheet assignment (can you tell?)
4. I was home today before 6. That means only 11 hours on campus. Jury's still out on whether that's a small miracle or I'm just a loser.
5. I'm surrounded by men but don't even think about dating. I don't have time to date. If someone wants to sweep me off my feet, he'll probably have to wait til next semester. Either that, or help me understand finance. A man who understands finance is incredibly sexy to a woman who couldn't care less about the time value of money (unless said time value of money is adding to her shopping budget...which, it's not).
6. I've applied for 17 internships. Internships start in May. I'm already freaking out about whether or not I'll actually get one.
7. It's frigid in the classroom I'm in all day every day so even though it's still 80ish outside I'm dressed like it's in the 40s. Don't hate if you see me wearing a scarf.
8. I really hate how BYU football breaks my heart every year. A girl can only take so much! Sorry, Cougars, it's not me. It's you.
9. Sleeping >4 hours a night is leaving bags the size of Texas under my eyes. (and yes, I did just put > into a sentence. This is what happens when you have to think in numbers. It makes you a social reject. But at least you get rich at some point.) But seriously, any advice on how to not look like a character from Twilight?
10. I am loving every exhausting, draining, brain-wrenching, meltdown-inducing minute of grad school. I love the professors, the people, the projects, the possibilities (and the alliteration). I know this is what the Lord would have me do with my life. I'm so grateful for that knowledge, because I think if I didn't have it I would've quit three weeks ago (why yes, that would have been the first day of class, funny you should ask!) It's the hardest thing I've ever done, but as Tom Hanks said in A League of Their Own, "It's the hard that makes it great." (And "there's no crying in baseball." But that's a quote for another post.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
um it is definitely NOT in the 80s. i am freezing my A off today.
ha ha well I wouldn't know since I'm here before the sun's up and it's always cold then! but it did feel especially frigid this morning. I was ready to pull out of the wool coat but thought that might be overkill
Post a Comment