Cami and I like to joke that I'm writing a book about funny dating experiences. Well, Cam, here's a new installment to our favorite chapter: silly things that happen to Janessa on dates!
We were ice skating, and I wasn't paying attention like I should be, and somehow the front pick on my skate caught and I slammed into the ice, knee-first. Ouch. I tried to shake it off and keep going, but my knee wasn't bending, so we got off the ice and hobbled over to a table (by "hobbled" I mean he was pretty much holding me up). Because he's in anatomy and knows where little things like kneecaps belong, he rolled up my jeans to inspect the damage. Everything was where it should be, but my knee looked a little like a mixed-berry pie (with a little bit of green thrown in for good measure). Between the sight of the bruise and the pain, I'm pretty sure I went into shock. I was burning up, shaking, dizzy, and seeing purple splotches. I guess it showed, because he wanted me to lie down on a nearby bench. He helped me stand. The purple splotches spread. I tried to tell him I couldn't walk, but I guess the words didn't come out like I'd planned, and next thing I knew I was lying on the bench and he was staring down at me, worriedly repeating my name. Yep. I'd passed out. I so would.
Can I just say I'm so glad this wasn't a first date?
Monday, November 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Hahahaha, THAT'S FUNNY! ...in a really sad cute way. I'm laughing so hard, oh Janessa! This is one of the many reasons why I love you. And I do love you! Aaron said you had called this morning, now I know why! Too bad ice skates don't come in stilettos, weeerk it! Ps: Mr. Anatomy sounds like a sweet guy. :)
Ahem, and to everyone else:
Consider this a sneak peak to a future bestseller and one of the most awesome books that will ever be published. :) You'll be running around with a copy telling perfectly good strangers, "I KNOW her!!". That's what I'll be doing. :)
Once you start putting together your collection, get a hold of me. Shoot, I could write a whole chapter on "The Jazz Game Debacle of '08!"
haha! Kathleen, that so needs to be included! WOW, I forgot about that whole experience!
Post a Comment