Thursday, October 20, 2011

Sometimes brunettes have blonde moments

So my company has these national all field teleconferences once a month (at 7am, ugh) and since my boss is on a cruise I got to be the sole marketing presenter. Usually he and I present together, so it was a big deal for me to be on my own with the entire national team. I made sure my slides had all the required marketing mojo (Dr. Glenn would be proud!) and also dolled up my boss's old slide that tracks progress on our national fitness challenge (because let's be honest, what he'd made before was pretty boring).

Well, I presented the work-related slides without a hitch and got some great feedback on the promos and programs I've been working on. Then I clicked over to the fitness challenge slide, to highlight the top three teams. Ummm. Apparently my pretty formatting didn't transfer into the PDF and the team names had disappeared! Everyone was cracking up as I opened the original file (which I swear took 10 minutes to open) and finally read off the top three teams. The SVP thanked me for keeping them all in suspense. You're welcome. I totally meant to do that! (not)

1 comment:

The Waldon Family said...

Haha, oh no! I love that you do amazing things, but at the same time you still have normal people moments. :) Hooray for taking on a big presentation by yourself, that's exciting!