Thursday, August 16, 2012

Timing

I've been thinking a lot about timing lately, what with getting engaged and all(!) Nathan and I first started dating nearly 3 years ago (more on that in a separate post) and I could tell from the start that something was different about this relationship. When it ended, I couldn't understand how my instincts had been so wrong. Now I understand that my instincts weren't wrong. The timing was wrong. And in the meantime, in addition to some much-needed time for both of us to grow up, I've had some of the most incredible life experiences:

*Traveling to China, Hong Kong, Turkey and Greece
*Graduating with an MBA
*Working for Clorox and GE Healthcare
*Meeting friends who are more like sisters
*Learning what it means to forgive, to heal, to accept grace, to more fully access the atonement
*Going to the temple, for me, to build a better relationship with my Heavenly Father

I'm so excited to start my life with Nathan, and so incredibly happy that things finally worked out for us. But at the same time I'm also so grateful for the delay in getting to this point, because of the amazing life experiences I got to have in between. It's like Heavenly Father was telling me all along, be patient, be happy, enjoy the life you get to live for now, and you'll get everything you've always wanted, in good time. And I did.

PS-engagement story coming soon!

6 comments:

Tawny said...

I'm not sure if I can even put into words how excited i am for you and Nathan. You are family to us. Brandon and I have often said that the man who married you would have to be smart, kind and totally worthy of you. We can't wait to meet him. Austin wants to have a talk with him..... I think any man who marries you or Cara will have to pass his inspection carefully!

Brooke said...

I'm so excited for you! And excited to hear the engagement story! (Random small Mormon world story: We were in Katie and Colby Heiner's ward in Rogers, AR this summer while Zach did his internship. Is Katie Nathan's sister?)

The Waldon Family said...

Wahoooooo!!!!!!!!! SO happy for you Janessa Rose! What a LUCKY guy!! Also, that is quite the list of accomplishments over the past three years... you rock! Congrats on your engagement, can't wait to hear the story. :)

Janessa said...

Tawny, I am so excited for you to meet him! Of course Austin can "interview" him. That is too cute. I love you guys!
Brooke, Katie is his sister. That's so funny! I didn't know Zach interned with Walmart. That's fantastic!
Cami Rae, love you so much! Thanks!

Janessa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan said...

What an uplifting post! Your story makes me so happy :)