Friday, February 5, 2010

"It came to pass"

If you've read the Book of Mormon, you've seen this phrase a time or two. I think Nephi's a big fan. I saw it as his way to speed up time, to fast forward from one scene to another. An institute teacher gave me fresh perspective when she pointed out a deeper meaning...

"It came to pass." Bad things will end. Good things will come. No matter what is going on in your life right now, it will pass, and better things will come. Some hard things will come too. Probably some things you'll wish you never had to deal with. But those will pass, too. If you hold on to what you know and keep doing your best, no matter what you're facing, you'll be just fine. That'll be good to remember next time a bad thing is taking too long to leave :)

2 comments:

Megan and Mike said...

ahhh I LOVE that saying, awesome

Jes said...

Thanks for sharing that! That is a great look on the phrase!