Sunday, October 3, 2010

Conference thoughts

Isn't it reassuring to know that we have a living prophet who speaks with God and speaks God's word specifically for us? Just a few days ago I was feeling scared...ok, almost paralyzed...by the amount of decisions I have to make with limited information that will affect the course of my life. Sounds dramatic, right? Well, being 25 and single and about to graduate and needing to find a job but mostly interviewing in places without a lot of young single adults is a little scary! Do I go for my dream job, or something less that is in a more "LDS friendly" area? If I were married I wouldn't think twice about it, but in my situation I have to.

But now I feel empowered. I know it was from priesthood session, but one of my friends posted his notes from President Monson's talk about choice, and even though I'm still nervous about making the wrong decision, I feel empowered to move forward with my life. It's exciting that God trusts me enough to make choices for myself. And it's reassuring that, as long as I choose to live worthily, He has given me the constant companionship of a member of the Godhead, the Holy Ghost, to guide me in my choices. Elder Bednar's talk about that was wonderful, wasn't it? As was Elder Oaks', Elder Jensen's, President Eyring's, Elder Cook's, Elder Hales', Elder Christofferson's...maybe it's because I was listening and praying for answers on how to approach these decisions, but I felt like they were talking directly to me, possibly more so this time than any other conference. And I know I heard what I needed to hear to make correct choices moving forward. That, to me, is power.

1 comment:

The Waldon Family said...

My goodness, if anyone should feel confident and empowered I'd think it would be you! The way I look at it, you're just so smart, you have to make decisions now that the rest of us mere mortals don't normally come across. Conference is amazing in that area though, I agree. What an exciting season of life, I'll be praying you find a job on the west coast. Preferably in the Seattle or Portland area. :)