Friday, December 17, 2010
All I Want for Christmas: Knife Technique Lessons
To add to my string of accidents over the last few weeks, last night I sliced my finger instead of an avocado. I like denial so I pretended that the cut wasn't that deep and the bleeding would stop (it usually does!) but when it was still going strong 20 minutes later, my friend made me go to the ER. When they got to me an HOUR later (slow hospital admittance procedures are a story for another post), it was still bleeding so much it was difficult to find the cut. I asked the nurse if I really needed stitches - denial, remember? and I was missing a friend's birthday party! - and she laughed at me. I took that as a yes. Turns out she was right: 4 stitches, 3 shots of lidocaine (which wore off so I fully felt stitch 4, ouch!) and 1 tetanus shot. Best part: now I need to find an ER (or someplace else) in So Cal to remove them on Thursday without charging me a fortune, since I'm on BYU insurance which only works around BYU. Any suggestions?
Bright side: pretty sure the bright purple bandage on my finger will be a nice ice breaker in my interviews today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
yikes. Just find a nurse/PA/Doctor that'sa friend and they can do it easy!
If you call DMBA they can tell you where to go. Its the same ins company church workers have. You just need to preauthorize it and then they will cover it or you can go somewhere and say it was an emergency and call afterwards and then they have to cover it =)
Shayla, the problem is, DMBA will be $100 at the cheapest. Andrea, I like that plan :)
Post a Comment