Tuesday, March 29, 2011

It must be wedding season

My beautiful best friend and former roommate Kelsie is FINALLY married after a 1.5 YEAR engagement (that's practically eternity in Mormon-land) and I got to attend her sealing in the San Diego Temple! It was such a beautiful experience. It's funny. I always knew I wanted to be married in the temple. That's just what you do when you're Mormon. But now that I know what that means - now that I've seen two of my friends enter into that covenant - I feel this combination of excitement and peace. Excitement because I know I get to have that someday too. Peace because I know it's worth waiting for, and there is nothing in this world  that can keep me from having it.

And now for some pictures!

Bridesmaids soaking up the sun outside the temple 

With the beautiful bride

 I seriously love these boys

This is what I call a backyard transformation! 

Check out the shoes. 4.5 inch heels, baby. I was Jimmer-sized.

And of course, gluten-free (and gorgeous) cupcakes for the bride!

 Look at that smile! Pure love and joy.

On another note, this is the first weekend in a MONTH that I will not be leaving Provo. I am very excited to sleep in my own bed for a change. And then next Wednesday it's off to New York for the LDS MBA Conference!!! Can't wait to explore the city - again.

3 comments:

Lori and Matt said...

You look gorgeous!!! Wish I was in school with you so we could hang out rather than my hubby! Good luck with teh end of the year!

Alexandra said...

convert the best friend!!!

Janessa said...

Lori, I told Matt that you and I need a play date. He thought it was hilarious but I don't know if he thought I was serious...but, we do.

And Lexa, I sure plan to try! :)