Thursday, May 29, 2008

Cabo San Lucas!

All in all, I'd say the family vacation (which was also our first cruise!) was quite the success! After flying into LAX on Wednesday night, we went to Lawry's (best prime rib in the world, located in Beverly Hills, no less) and enjoyed Michael's 19th birthday dinner. The next morning we drove to San Diego to get on our ship: the Carnival Elation.


It was raining and pretty cold, but warmed up once we were out of the harbor. The ship was big and I hardly felt the motion (wish I could say that now - three days after getting off and I still feel like the ground is moving!). We enjoyed the activities on board - especially the hypnotist show with a hilarious woman who was definitely way into it - and the fancy dinners (three words: molten chocolate cake...mmmm).


We only had about 6 hours in Cabo and we spent nearly all of them on a tour that should've lasted 4 1/2. The best part of that was taking a boat over to Land's End, Lover's Beach, and the penninsula that separated the Pacific Ocean from the Sea of Cortez. The water looked amazingly inviting, but since it was only 55 degrees I was happy to just look. Back on land, we went to a fancy restaraunt with an amazing view, a quaint town with shops, a cactus garden and a glass blowing factory.



We got back on the ship and sailed back to San Diego, getting off Monday morning. I'm so glad I decided not to fly back Monday night because I was exhausted! On the way back to La Mirada we got to see my grandparents in Oceanside. Tuesday, Cara and I pampered ourselves with pedicures and manicures, a trip to South Coast Plaza (best mall in Orange County, which also contains the best Nordstrom, which was conveniently hosting the Half Yearly Sale...it's fate) and lunch with Michael.


After all that, even with a week's worth of projects to catch up on, coming back to work is a bit of a let down.


PS - more (and better) pictures to come. The really good ones are on Cara and Michael's cameras. My photography skills? Not so hot.

1 comment:

jen said...

i love cruising! my family is definitely a cruising family! Your trip looks like so much fun. i'm jealous! we need to play and soon!