Monday, May 12, 2008

Tailgate Time!

For those of you who don't know, I've been part of the BYU Young Alumni Board for the past six months or so (check out our site!) Our first activity was on Saturday, and if I do say so myself, it went great!

We had a fun tailgate party catered by J-Dawgs, and sponsored a raffle with lots of BYU paraphanelia like autographed baseballs and bats, or frisbees and blankets, and the grand prizes of $150 Chevron gift cards (which I wanted) and an iPod (which Analise won!)

Bernice, Chloe, Katie and I also had some fun painting faces (although I did refuse to paint a red "U" on one sassy little girl...honestly!) and no BYU tailgate is complete without a visit from Cosmo the Cougar! We also had inflatable games for the kids. I think we did a pretty darn good job keeping everyone entertained!

Then it was off to Larry H. Miller Field to watch the Cougs take on the San Diego State Aztecs! I'll admit I was out after just three innings - even if it was only 64 degrees, my poor white skin had all the sun it could take by then and I'd been busy getting things set up since 9:30, so I felt good about leaving.
To all the Young Alum who came (especially my friends!) thanks for making our first event a big success! I'll keep you posted on all the exciting things we have planned for the next few months!

No comments: