Another good article on defending marriage. I like the point Orson Scott Card makes about marriage: we as a society have basically destroyed heterosexual marraige through casual sex, cohabitation, affairs, no-fault divorce, "started marriages" and simply taking lightly what should be the most important relationship in our society.
"Marriage, to be worth preserving, needs to mean not just something, but everything."
I'm very aware that I might not be the best one to talk, being unmarried and all, but I believe that with all my heart. Maybe all of this effort to preserve traditional marriage is going to fail, just like it did when a handful of judges overthrew Prop 22. But even if it does, we (me in the future, most of my friends now) can make our marriages, at least, an example of what they should be, and maybe that example will be enough to make people want to fight to preserve them.
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment