Yesterday I went to see my friend Tiffany and her two adorable kiddos. Tiff and I have been friends since EFY in San Diego in 2001 (maybe it was 2000? I forget). I can't find any pictures from then, but if I could find them and post them, it would give everyone a good laugh. We look so different!
Anyway, I got to hold her newest addition, Savannah, and it was so wonderful yet weird to be holding a newborn! I don't think I have since her other little one, Brenton, was born last February. Her kids are both beautiful and amazingly well-behaved (well, of course Savannah is, but Brenton was one of the sweetest 1 1/2 year olds I've ever seen!) BUT being there with her, seeing her as the great mom she is and her two darling kidlings, made me realize: I AM SO NOT READY TO BE A MOM.
I do want to have kids someday. I'd give up the career/masters/etc in a second if the right person and circumstances arose. But for now, I'm really ok with what's going on in my life. And whenever the time comes, I'll be begging Tiff (and all my other mommy friends) for advice, because I have no idea how they do it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
You're more ready than you know. I'm sure that when your time to be a mom comes you'll do a great job! Remember, with the Lord's help all things are possible. Don't sweat it, you'll be great!
Post a Comment