Have you seen Wii Fit? We got one for Christmas and couldn't wait to try it out. Only, it's not the best idea to let a video game tell you about your BMI and weight gain during the holidays. See, on Christmas day, my BMI was a lovely little number that I was happy to hear. The next day, slightly higher. And even higher the next. Six days later, the sweet little thing told me I'd gained 16 pounds. I beg your parden. If I'd gained 16 pounds, would my Big Stars still fit? I don't think so. That thing must be lying to me. At least, that's what I'm telling myself.
Once you get past the creepy little voice telling you you're fat (and your Mii getting plumper as you do), it's actually really fun and you should give it a try. Some friends of ours did. The little boy was upset when it told him he was overweight. Then he decided he should tell his mom, "Mom, you should get on that thing. It'll say you're obese!" Then he bumped his head as he ran off and all she said was, "Honey, that's called karma." (I'm still wondering how he knew what "obese" meant.) Good times.

Oh, Wii Fit, we've had some good times together. But next time you see me, be prepared to tell me I've lost 20+ pounds, or be prepared to be dropped. That's all.



2 comments:
HAHA! wow, you weren't kidding. geez janessa, 16 pounds over christmas alone?? time to go easy on the xmas cookies :)
jk. sorry your experience w/ wii fit was less than desirable. i promise it's fun! i like when it weighs you and the little creepy alien voice says "measuring...measuring." :)
Oh, just you wait until you get back on it next. It'll ask you where you've been and why you've been avoiding working out. Sometimes when Jason gets on after I've been absent it for a while, it asks him how my posture is and if I'm looking fat. Rude hu? I totally love it.
Post a Comment