Monday, October 26, 2009

Coming Home

I love BYU homecoming. The actual game was a massive disappointment (broadcast nationally, with ESPN game time on-site to witness the humiliation), but I wrote off my championship dreams for BYU football after the Florida State game. No, what I love about homecoming is everything but the painful-to-watch football game, like:

*hiking the Y with my favorite members of the alumni board, then sitting on the top at sunset discussing our vision for BYU's future
*hearing inspiring stories of honored alumni award winners (from the woman who started an orphanage for disabled children in China to Highland's rugby coach, of Forever Strong fame)
*tossing BYU taffy into the crowd from a float in the parade (sadly, meeting with our MBA marketing advisory board kept me from candy throwing this year. I was there in spirit)
*spending time with some of the most generous, intelligent and genuinely caring people to ever come out of BYU
*Homecoming Spectacular. Nuff said.

It's totally worth wearing the same navy suit three days in a row!

1 comment:

Ana Lee @Newlyidentified said...

I missed out on so many of the fun things Homecoming had to offer. I just attended the lame football game, haha. Glad you were able to enjoy the week!