I did it.
I read the Bible.
Cover to cover.
In 1 year.
It's beautiful - very different from the Book of Mormon, but still beautiful. Still true. I especially love the frequent references to the Savior. Prophets and kings had looked forward to His birth for centuries before it happened. Those who walked with Him on earth share powerful testimony of His miracles and love. What struck me most was the personal element of the Savior's ministry, as well as the simplicity of both His actions and teachings. I feel a special connection to the woman with the issue of blood. She'd suffered for years without hope of a cure, but with one faith-filled touch, the Savior made her whole. I realized how much I complicate life. If I want to emulate the Savior, I'll fill my life with similar simplicity and love.
If you haven't read the Bible, do it. You won't regret it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
you are such an inspiration. i feel like i complicate my life too. i'm so proud to count you as one of my role models.
have so much fun in new york!
I love the Bible too! I learned to love it so much when I was in Jerusalem. Good job!
Nice work! I commend you. I have read every book in the Old and New Testament, but I didn't read them in order. I would get ready to give up, so I'd skip to a more interesting book for a while. I read the majority of it over the summer between my junior and senior years.
Way to go Janessa! I love how you finish things you start, you are my good example. :)
Post a Comment