Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas Favorites

Last night we went to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. This is my third year going, and probably my favorite, possibly because Natalie Cole was the special guest and I grew up listening to her Christmas album (or possibly because of the company?). Here are some favorites from past concerts (this year's versions aren't available yet):


(I love this song! So much better than the similar version we sing in church.)


(This is my absolute favorite version of my favorite song. The King's Singers are amazing live!)


(A Natalie Cole song I grew up with that she sang last night. It's a traditional Welsh carol and very symbolic. I think it's beautiful.)

3 comments:

Nicole said...

So many of these renditions are among my favorites, especially the King's Singers O Holy Night. I have that one on the top of my Christmas playlist on my iPod so I can listen to it over and over.

(Sidenote: Is it just me, or does one of the tenors in the King's Singers remind you of a Muppet?)

Janessa said...

I totally noticed Muppet Man too! My cousin told me I was crazy

Nicole said...

In that case, I feel we are truly kindred spirits. We must meet. You can come over for dinner once you're back in Utah.