Thursday, March 5, 2009

Officially a Cougar

(and no, not in the dirty, dating-significantly-younger-men way. ew.)


As of this morning, I'm enrolled in the Marriott School of Management for the fall. I was honestly torn between two amazing options (I also got accepted to ASU), and I really think I could've been happy and successful at either one.

I am going with BYU because not only is it $50,000 cheaper (once you factor in little details like cost of living), according to Business Week's 2009 ranking, it's #22 in the country. That's ahead of Yale (24) and USC (25). It's also ahead of ASU (not a top-tier this time around, probably due to those pesky funding cuts). Around $30,000 total expenses isn't half bad for a top-tier MBA education. And it just feels right. (And I'm planning lots of visits south to play with Alisha and might even try to find an internship in the greater Phoenix area next summer. Insane? maybe, but I'm sure it'll be fun!)

I am so excited to start this new chapter in my life! I can't believe I'm publishing this sentence, but Provo, especially Belmont and the BYU 214th Ward, is where I belong. As long as there are plenty of trips away mixed in over the next two years.

7 comments:

The Waldon Family said...

Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Congrats on your decision, how exciting!!

Shayla said...

Congrats on BYU. You'll do great things there.

Ana Lee said...

Congratulations! That is very exciting :)

Shea McGee said...

i found your blog and wanted to say congratulations!

Becky said...

what?!?? i didnt know you got into ASU. congrats, thats huge! and congrats on choosing BYU, of course you'll love it. and along with frequent trips to AZ, don't forget about frequent trips to your HOME state (and no, Utah is not the new California my dear). so happy for you.

Celtic Rock Chic said...

Congrats girl! Go for it!

Megan and Mike said...

Im soooo excited for you!!!!!!!!!!! Your going to be so rich when your done with school.. will you buy me something when you graduate? hahaha congrats on your decision!