Thursday, April 16, 2009

Creeper at the front desk

So there's this guy who likes to come into our office to serve papers, and he is the definition of creepy. Shifty, beady eyes. No concept of personal space. You get the picture. Our HR director has told him, more than once, not to serve papers here but to find another way to get to these people. He keeps coming back. We've gotten to the point that we won't buzz him in when we see him.

Today I buzzed him in without looking. Crap.

He was abrasive and belligerent, insisting on leaving the papers with me. I told him only my HR director could touch them but she was at lunch so he'd have to come back. He said he didn't want to. I said too bad. But he wouldn't leave. He threatened to call the police. He asked if we had security on the premises - that scared me because why would he be asking that?! An older lady from customer service came to my rescue. She told him to leave. He finally did, but not after more threats about police and phone calls. Not that those calls could hurt me - he's the one harassing people!

Don't you just hate creepy people?

3 comments:

Ana Lee said...

Yes, where do you work that so many papers get served?

The Waldon Family said...

Yuck! I'm glad you can choose to buzz people in or not, but yikes! I thought those kind of people only swarmed gas stations and Walmart. On a completely separate note, I absolutely love what you wrote about salt complementing the other ingredients in a cookie. That thought has been going through my head ever since I read it. Just one of many reasons I love you!

Celtic Rock Chic said...

Is he the one with the dark hair and the facial hair? He's kind of a bigger guy? Or is it the other guy? The one with the dark hair and the facial hair used to flirt with me BIG TIME. It was kind of creppy because it was obvious that he was old enough to be my father!