I admire President Eyring so very much, and I especially love this article he wrote for the April 2009 New Era. I know that he's technically talking to high school students preparing for college, but I think it applies perfectly to my life as I prepare for grad school.
"Your life is carefully watched over, as was mine. The Lord knows both what He will need you to do and what you will need to know to do it. You can with confidence expect that He has prepared opportunities for you to learn. You will not recognize those opportunities perfectly, as I did not. But when you put the spiritual things first in your life, you will be blessed to feel directed toward certain learning, and you will be motivated to work harder. You will recognize later that your power to serve was increased, and you will be grateful. Your service may not be in what the world would recognize as a lofty calling. But remember that when the real value of service becomes clear in the judgment of God, some people who worked in quiet anonymity will be the real heroes."
In the past month or so, I've felt very strongly like I'm being prepared. I don't know what for or why, but I feel it very strongly. This quote reaffirms that feeling. I can't help but wonder - and be excited for - whatever the Lord is planning for me! I just hope I'm ready to face it, but I know that with His guidance, I will be.
Friday, April 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
and you SHOULD be really really excited! i see amazing things in your future. xo
Post a Comment