Wednesday, April 2, 2008

So I'm jumping on the blog train

Let's be honest, it was only a matter of time. Now I just need to figure out how to make it pretty.

In honor of my blogging debut, I'm tagging myself. Yes, I realize that's not how it works. Too bad. Here goes!

10 years ago: I was 13. I'm pretty sure the highlight of my year was making the cheer squad at Benton. That was pretty much a miracle since I had zero coordination, but it ended up being one of the best parts of jr high

5 things on my to-do list today:
1. Dinner at Macaroni Grill to celebrate Melina's birthday!
2. Gym (it's overdue)
3. Shopping for Melina's birthday present (oops)
4. Get the broken rim on my car fixed before it breaks my tire, too
5. Watch the next episode of the OC (I'm halfway through Season 4!)

3. Snacks I enjoy: red pepper hummus & triscuts, Starbucks vanilla bean blended creme with caramel & lots of whipped cream, strawberries, almonds, Diet Coke.

4. What I would do if I were suddenly made a billionaire: Buy a house with a HUGE kitchen. Fill said kitchen with gourmet equipment and ingredients. Go an as many humanitarian trips as possible (Mexico, Africa, Peru, etc). Buy children's books and donate them to inner-city libraries. Go to Italy, Greece, Turkey, Armenia, Monaco, Spain and Portugal. Go to Israel. Write for Church magazines. Start a scholarship fund. Learn a new language. Buy the new Coach bag I have an eye on (and probably the whole line, why not). Oh yeah...tithing. Duh.

5. Five places I have lived:
1. La Mirada, CA
2. Helaman Halls (it should count as it's own city)
3. Provo, UT
4. Holladay, UT
5. Provo, UT (again)

6. Five jobs I have had:
1. Red Robin hostess
2. Knott's tour guide (that was an embarrassing summer!)
3. Deseret News intern
4. New Era intern
5. Copywriter (for those not in the comms world, that's doing the writing for ads)

7. Three of my BAD habits:
1. Speeding
2. Gossiping (but it's usually good gossip..)
3. Skipping the gym

8. Five random things people don't know about me
1. I have a chip in my front tooth from when I swam into the side of the pool at Raging Waters. Needless to say, I never went back.
2. I won a Hearst award for a story I wrote while at the Des News. Part of that story involved learning African tribal dances. SO MUCH FUN!
3. Until recently, I only needed a contact lense in one eye.
4. When I was little, I used to dream about writing for the New Era. I got to do that as an intern for four months last summer. It was the best job ever and I wish I could go back.
5. I'm a little dyslexic, not so much with letters, but numbers are not my friends at all. I blame my B's in calculus and stats on said dyslexia.

Well, that's all for now!

3 comments:

Jessie Evans said...

Yay! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. It's been far too long since we last saw each other. What's new in your life?

The Waldon Family said...

I LOVE it! It was so much fun reading that list about you! Janessa, you have some funny stories you've been hiding for far too long.

lyndsey said...

um YES you can be blog friends with us! glad to see you've already added us :)

and i so love that you were a tour guide at knotts...lol. that's a cool job, what are you talking about? ;)

welcome to the blog world! i hope more lovely posts are on their way!! xoxo