Monday, April 7, 2008

To move or not to move?

A few of you know about the chaos that was my life last summer. After graduation I moved to Holladay, with roommates I didn't know (big mistake) in a ward full of strangers (which ended up being a blast). Then I moved again two months later (to get away from the crazy roommate who stole things and cackled in her sleep) and again two months after that. Finally, I ended up back in Provo (just can't stay away). I found a cute condo with great roommates and (best of all) a big private room! I swore I wouldn't move again until my ever-illusive dream job popped up again in Irvine.

But yesterday my friend Analise told me one of her roommates is moving out and is desperate to sell her contract. Analise is one of my favorite people. Living with her? Guaranteed to be fabulous. And the condo is equally fabulous (plus, I get a parking spot with the contract). My only worry is where she lives: Belmont. I am not and never will be a "Belmont girl" and I'm not exactly sure I'll fit in. Then again, being 23 and all, does fitting in really matter? It's not like we're in high school anymore.

What do you guys think?

3 comments:

The Waldon Family said...

Not move. I dunno about Ana- but Holly is amazing. If you become a Belmont girl I will tease you every day. Okay maybe not every day...

Andrea said...

I give you one year in Belmont. Then you will have reached all star status and will need to move. AND the only reason I give you permission to move there is because Analise is fabulous.

AdamCooper said...

Before making a decision like that I like to glimpse at the probable pros and cons. I biggest pro is being able to live with your buddy! The biggest con is whether or not you can assimilate into the Belmont Girl Mold (Assuming you even want to).