I've been trying to find a dress to wear to my brother's farewell. I'd spent literally hours at the malls (University, Provo Towne and Riverwoods) and found nothing that worked. They were all too short by at least 4 inches (curse my height!!!) and most of them were also sleeveless.Meanwhile, I've been reading The Secret, which basically says that whatever you think about will manifest itself in your life. I decided to give it a try. I told myself over and over that the next place I looked for a dress, I would find the perfect one. Sounds a little hokey, right?
Well, after a stake BBQ tonight, Ana and I had the shopping bug. First we went to Buckle, where I got a darling pair of jeans two sizes smaller than the last pair I got there (another Secret I've been trying to convince myself of was that I needed all new clothes because my current ones were too big. Dang I'm so skinny! Aren't delusions fun?). Then we went to Ann Taylor. We were in a hurry cuz we wanted to make it to the gym, so I just walked in and took a quick look around to see if they had anything new. Low and behold, on the sale rack, was the perfect dress!
Next thought to send out to the universe: I'm going to get a 700 on my GMAT and get a full scholarship to the school of my choice: BYU or Stanford. Either way.



2 comments:
That's so cool Janessa. If you're delusions are working than I'm a size 5 and any guy how lays eyes on me wants me. How does that sound?
P.S. I like your new layout. :)
Janessa (Cara's sis)
So nice to meet you!! I adore Cara and it's no surprise that after reading a few of your posts I adore you as well!!
Thanks for the comment. It will be fun to get to know you more on the blog world!!
Heather
P.S. I will have to read The Secret, anything that will help me with shopping and loosing weight I love!!
Post a Comment