Wednesday, June 4, 2008

STOMP!

Just saw this little gem in SLC's own Capitol Theatre last night:

STOMP is a combination of comedy and dance with lots of percussion thrown in, but what makes it unique is, the dancers are the ones who make the music, and with just about everything you could think of -- brooms, plastic bags, trash can lids, and even toilet bowl plungers!

The best way I can describe it is to compare it to August Rush. You know the scene when August first wanders off in New York City, how he hears all of these random city sounds and, in his head, they turn into music? That's how STOMP works: lots of random, unrelated sounds that suddenly combine into a rhythm and beat.
It's definitely a good time, and I recommend you go to see it if you have a chance! Thanks for the tickets Laura!

1 comment:

Celtic Rock Chic said...

I am so jealous! I would have loved to have gone to see that show! Yeah, we need to figure out some service projects we can do togehter. I'm going to browse the internet to see what I can find, I'll let you know.