Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Still struggling with jr. high math

So I took my first diagnostic exam yesterday. The good news is, I nailed the English, only missing one question. The bad news is, I also missed a solid 50% of the math questions. It's not that I don't know the material - I do, I've reviewed it and I can definitely handle it when I'm not under pressure. And it's not that I didn't have enough time, because I had 12 minutes left when I finished. No, I think it's a classic case of test anxiety.

Anyone know how to handle said test anxiety? I'm taking another practice test on Saturday. Cross your fingers that one goes better for me!

1 comment:

scot said...

I wouldn't worry about it, a 50% score can still translate into a superb percentile score, depending on the difficulty level.

What can I say? I came for the songs and stayed for the New Era-caliber insights.