Sunday, October 5, 2008

I love President Monson

Ok, afternoon session was amazing, and I loved every minute, but the best part happened after the broadcast ended. The First Presidency and Apostles walked over to meet their wives, then walk off the stand. But President Monson walked into the audience instead and bent down to hug a little child. Then he started chatting, hugging and shaking hands with everyone around him. You should've seen everyone surge toward him, hoping for a handshake. I had to blink back tears. It honestly reminded me of the Savior inviting all the Nephites to touch His hands. I know that man is a prophet of God. I know he speaks God's words. And I know he feels God's love for us. And I saw him demonstrate that love in the Conference Center this afternoon.

1 comment:

Liliya said...

I was so excited because I surprisingly got the tickets to that session too and got to witness this off-the-record moment. it was amazing!