I've always been a bookworm. As a child, I devoured everything from The Boxcar Children and The Babysitter's Club to Emma and Wuthering Heights. My love for reading only grew with age, and now I enjoy anything from a super-trendy novel (Twilight, anyone?) to an inspirational biography (next on the list is Rough Stone Rolling) to philosophy (The Road Less Travelled, and I adore The Alchemist).
When I have my own house, one room (even if it's tiny) will be the library. Ceiling to floor bookshelves, cozy chairs and antique lamps...it'll be beautiful. And possibly my favorite room other than the kitchen.
Of course,these days, with the test from hell looming over my head, the only books I've opened are by Kaplan, Princeton Review or the GMAC (graduate management admissions council). Then I discovered the American Fork Public Library and I found a new place to study (and relax). Yes, a silent, cell-phone free cubicle, surrounded by familiar booky smells and with a pretty view of the mountains, is the perfect place to relearn the basics of geometry and algebra. And in three blessed weeks when this stupid test is over (for better or worse) I'm excited to go back to the library and read something I'm actually interested in.
Friday, October 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I love the AF Library. It's one of my favorite places to hide from the world.
I love this post. Glad you discovered that library! I find solace in libraries. I'm a bookworm too and whenever I need time to think, calm down, or a pick me up...I'm either at the local Borders Bookstore or at a library.
I already have my library decorated in my mind when I have a big enough house for one! haha I know my colors and positioning for all my fabulous and comfy chairs and couches! haha love you girl!!!
And please invite me over when you get your library set up!! I was just telling my mom I want to get all the kids out of the house by the time I'm 50 so I can do some kind of service project, go on a mission with Aaron, and then feel accomplished enough to read the rest of my life away. So, since my house library in Hawaii will either be 20 below or covered in mold (the cold keeps away the mildew) will you invite me over someday? Does your library accept visitors?! You can read a book on the beach with me, it will be a crazy traveling book club! I LOVE you!
Post a Comment